We are a team of criminal defence lawyers serving Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton and the entire Greater Toronto Area. Calvin Barry has extensive experience in Criminal law, built on a foundation of over sixteen years working as a Senior Crown Attorney, you can be assured that your case will be handled by a lawyer with a vast background and expertise in DUI/Impaired Driving, Domestic Violence and Abuse and Criminal Law.
We Have Trust from 30+ Years Operation
We are Canada’s most experienced Criminal Defense Lawyers dedicated to building better lives for our clients. We have the knowledge and experience to handle your criminal defence.
Calvin is a Criminal Lawyer with over sixteen years as a Senior Crown Attorney, has appeared as a Criminal Prosecutor at all levels of the Trial Court, and has Prosecuted many high-profile cases including more than sixty jury trials. Calvin has practiced in the area of Criminal Law and Regulatory Offences since October of 2004, accruing over thirty years of experience in the profession.
- 1986-1987 – Gardiner, Roberts, Barristers & Solicitor Articles of Clerkship – full service, Bay Street Law Firm
- 1983-1988 – Provincial Prosecutor, Ministry of the Attorney General – prosecuting Provincial Statutes at Old City Hall Courts
- 1988-1998 – Assistant Crown Attorney, Ministry of the Attorney General – prosecuting matters at all levels of trial court.
- 1998-2004 – Senior Crown Attorney, Ministry of the Attorney General – prosecuting matters at all levels of trial court.
- 2004-Present – Criminal Defence Lawyer – prosecuting matters at all levels of trial court.
- Director of the Board of the Ontario Crown Attorney’s Association (1990-2000)
- Treasurer of the Ontario Crown Attorney’s Association (1994-1995)
- Executive member Canadian Bar Association – Criminal Law Section
- Committee Member – Mayor’s Task Force on Drugs
- Lecturer Osgoode Hall Trial Advocacy Workshop
- Lecturer Bar Admission Course, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Chair Person, 50th Anniversary of the Ontario Crown Attorney’s system
- Director, Ontario Crown Attorney’s Association
- Lecturer Metropolitan Toronto Police Hold-up Squad
- Guest Lecturer at Colleges, Universities and High Schools throughout Ontario
- Lecturer Department of Justice prosecutors
- Lecturer Provincial Prosecutors of Ontario
- Panel on Hiring of Provincial Prosecutors
- Resource Person, Metropolitan Toronto Police, Special Investigative Services
- Mentor, Osgoode Hall Law School, Criminal Intensive Programme
- Spokesperson, Osgoode Hall Law School Articling Recruitment Day
- Autism Speaks
- Alzheimer Society of Canada
- Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Sick Kids
- Thunder Bay Regional Sciences Hospital
- Lakehead University Annual Scholarship
- Chief of Police Gala
- Andy Potts Memorial Foundation
- Feed the Hungry
As a Senior Crown Attorney for over a decade, Calvin has developed a winning record and the skills needed to successfully defend any case given the opportunity. Always contact a Criminal Lawyer before pleading guilty!
Our Commitment to You:
Calvin Barry Media Appearances
Calvin Discusses the Rob Ford Scandal on CityNews
Michael Sean Stanley Located
Toronto Constable Describes Charging Fellow Police Officer
Calvin Barry Interview on CTV
Mary Gowans Found Not Guilty
Calvin Barry Reacts To Rick Vaive Verdict
Our clients praise us for our outstanding results, personable service and expert knowledge. Here are a couple of things some of them had to say:
Contact Calvin Barry Today.
Contact an experienced criminal defence lawyer in Toronto to fight for your case.